– 6 luxury en-suite tents on platforms, with veranda river view.
– 2 family tents consisting of 2 tents on one platform, each with its own private bathroom.
– 24/7 solar generated electricity including lighting, ceiling fans, USB charging point for batteries/phones and a combination safe in each tent.
– Please bring USB cables suitable to your devices.
– Charging sockets are available in the office for non-USB devices such as camera battery chargers, laptops etc. Enquire at the front desk.
– Power to the tents is through our solar system which includes a battery bank. The system cannot therefore handle high consumption devices such as hair dryers.
Walk a short way through the acacia woodland, to your privately located tent on the river. Raised on decking, each tent has a veranda with two comfortable chairs and a table from where you can enjoy a lovely view of the Rufiji River and land beyond.
Selous Impala Camp’s tents are spacious with wooden floors, large and very comfortable beds with styled bedspreads and a writing desk. Much use is made of colourful, local fabrics to create a comfortable feel. Each tent is equipped with led lighting, ceiling fans, USB charging point for batteries/phones and a combination safe.
Available from June to November.
The fly camp is prepared, before guests leave Selous Impala Camp, by our fly camp team in a pre-chosen location.
The team is led by the fly-camp guide and accompanied by your own guide, the fly camp team which consists of two assistants including one of our excellent chefs who can provide delicious meals in what we would call basic circumstances!
Depending on the season, different campsites are chosen.
Sometimes it is therefore possible to arrive at the flycamp by boat, or by walking in from a not too distant drop-off point.
The distance from the camp to the fly camp may not allow us to walk to the camp from Impala main camp.